Sunday 30 January 2011

DOUBLES PART 3

There seem to be a number of different causes or features for this phenomenon of doubles. There is the one above in part 2 which is a psychic projection in the same time frame and drains the physical body. Then the phenomena experienced by Jaqueline of both ‘halves’ of the double being aware of each other. There is the example of the opposite personality or ‘shadow’ personality outlined in Birch’s friend’s railway experience. (There are other examples of this.) There is the projection of a future self as Von Goethe experienced. There is also the ‘harbinger of doom’ experience of Abraham Lincoln which may very well be a preparation from the higher self for a time when the personality would be leaving incarnation.


The knock on my door was firm and insistent. The door swung open to reveal Stan (name changed) one of my old training partners from Marathon running days.
Good gracious, said I, a blast from the past. The visitor was invited in and reminiscences flowed thick and fast for the next couple of hours. The flow of convivial conversation was assisted by copious amounts of varying types of Mexican firewater. After some time Stan, who was well in his cups by this time, told the following story.

 I have read your book, the one with the blue cover. It was most fascinating. I have a story of my own as I believe in these things that you have highlighted. Many years ago I had a relationship with a young woman who was ten years younger than me. She became pregnant. To my utter shame later I abandoned her to a lonely abortion. I was just too immature. Throughout the years I have recalled this story in my mind and attempted, with varying degrees of success, to forgive myself. The years rolled by and I married a woman much younger than myself. We have had our ups and downs but, over the years come to an accommodation which is comfortable for both of us.

 I have something of an obsession with dates. A little while ago I went over the dates of that old relationship really to find out what was the age of the person that was aborted if it had been born. I satisfied myself that I had calculated correctly and let the event rest. I saw this exploration as part of my self forgiveness. It was with some shock that I realized later that the age of the child, had it been born, was almost exactly the same as my current wife. Since then my mind has been in turmoil about these events. Around the same time I read your book and decided to look you up as I felt that you may be able to help me in what is going on.

I concentrated on the story through the mists of the alcohol as the tale unfolded. This was my reply. You know it is possible that the unborn child was due to form a relationship with you. If it couldn’t be achieved in a father daughter way then perhaps that soul returned and you are completing this relationship as husband and wife.

 It isn’t necessary to remain upset about the decisions in the past. Forgive yourself, move on and don’t repeat what you believe to be a great error of judgement; relax, enjoy the relationship that you have. As a friend once told me, ‘everything is in divine order’. I don’t get any great insight into your story. It is enough to be aware of the synchronicities and accept.

As Stan disappeared out of the door and I was alone again in my flat I wasn’t sure that I had helped him that much but found the story fascinating and somehow deeply moving. It certainly gave another slant to relationships and our planning in making them.


This is from About.com: Paranormal Phenomena
Sister Mary of Jesus
Bilocation seems to be the flip side of the doppelganger coin. One of the most astonishing cases took place in the 1620s. In 1622, Father Alonzo de Benavides was assigned to the Isolita Mission in what is now New Mexico. He was puzzled to encounter Jamano Indians who, although they seemed never before to have met French or Spanish peoples, carried crosses, knew Roman Catholic rituals, had altars and knew Catholic liturgy - all in their native tongue.

Father Benavides wrote to both Pope Urban VII and King Philip of Spain to find out who had been there before him, obviously working to convert the Indians. The response was that no one had been sent previously. The Indians told him that they had been instructed in Christianity by a beautiful young "lady in blue" who came among them for many years and taught them this new religion in their own language. She also told them that white-skinned people would soon arrive in their land. "She came down from the heights to us," the Indians said, "she taught us the new religion, she stayed among us for a time, she told us you would come and to make you welcome, and then she went away. That’s all we know."
Who was this mysterious lady in blue? Father Benavides knew that the nuns of the Poor Clare order wore blue habits and thought there might be a clue there. He found a painting of a Poor Clare nun and showed it to the Jamanos. "Is this the woman?" he asked. The dress was right, the Indians told him, but this was not the woman. The woman in the painting was rather portly, but the lady in blue was young and beautiful.

When he returned to Spain, Father Benavides was determined to solve the mystery. How could the Indians have encountered a Poor Clare nun when they were a cloistered order: from the day they took their vows until their deaths, the nuns never left their convents, much less traveled to distant lands on missions.

 His investigation led him to Sister Mary of Jesus in Agreda, Spain, who claimed to have converted North American Indians - without leaving her convent. Now 29 and Mother Superior of the convent, Sister Mary said she had visited the Indians "not in body, but in spirit."
Sister Mary said she regularly fell into a cataleptic trance, after which she recalled "dreams" in which she was carried to a strange and wild land, where she taught the gospel. As proof of her claim, she was able to provide highly detailed descriptions of the Jamano Indians, including their appearance, clothing and customs, none of which she could have learned through research since they were fairly recently discovered by the Europeans. How did she learn their language? "I didn’t," she replied. "I simply spoke to them - and God let us understand one another."
Sister Mary is also said to have appeared to Mexican Indians, who said they had been visited by "a very beautiful woman, who used to come down from the heights, dressed in blue garments.”

My experience of such a situation occurred years ago when sharing my life with an Irish girl. Her mother was dying in Ireland. I asked if Brigid, my Irish girlfriend at the time, would allow me to conduct a healing on her mother’s behalf. I closed my eyes and entered a meditation.

 I immediately found myself next to a bed with an old lady in it. She was quiet and still; around the bed stood other beings. The being standing next to me turned towards me. The energy of this being was so powerful that I was immediately thrust back in my body here in the third dimension. Was only my consciousness projected to the bedside? Would the sick person have seen me there? I will never know. Were the beings standing around the bed helping the old lady into the next part of her existence? It was clear to me that my presence and healing energies were not required.
Friend Sean has two doubles that he knows of. One is his brother with whom he has a close relationship. They communicate well and easily when they get together. The other double is a woman in Toronto.

One night before a business meeting in the Canadian City Sean dreamed of a woman pacing back and forth accross his bedroom. The next day as Sean entered the meting room he saw the very same woman sitting in on the meeting. He knew the connection was that of a double. They spoke to each other finding the communication most pleasant, convivial and comfortable.

At our meeting the subject of ‘doubles’ cropped up in the conversation and so Sean related a story of how a few years ago he had been doing some work with a psychic and had previously told a friend of his where he would be going, as his friend had visited the same psychic only a few days earlier. During the meeting, the psychic looked up and mouthed “go away”. He then explained to Sean that a figure had popped up. He told Sean who the figure was and said “they were being nosey”. The figure had been Sean’s friend. Obviously the friend had been thinking about Sean and where he was at that time and the psychic had clearly seen a projection of his friend’s energy in the room with them. This type of projection could offer a possible explanation for the phenomenon of ‘doubles’ but Sean didn’t think so.

2 comments:

  1. Well Done, Clive,

    I have read all the posts. Good stuff!

    Charles Dickens also had an experience with his double, which he refused to meet because it was viewed in 19th century circles as a harbinger of Death. See 'Dickens and Mesmerism,' by Fred Kaplan.

    Keep this up. It is interesting, helpfulto us all.

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. really quite interesting... I've wondered after having had vivid dreams almost every time that I fall asleep since I was a little girl if somehow I was sharing that experience with the people in my dream state. I mean don't we have these images for a reason? Can't we feel the intensity just as strongly in our waking state of mind. Doubles... Is it possible that we transcend space and time restrictions and meet others in our dreams... a wonderful reflection either way...
    thanks Clive

    ReplyDelete